Regulations issued by the General Jewish Congress convened by the Hungarian government in December,1868 for the organization of Jewish communities in Hungary and Siebenbuergen. These regulations defined the basis of the autonomous organization of the Jewish communities in Hungary. They contain detailed rulings concerning the makeup of the community, the leaders responsible for the collection of money and representation at central meetings in Budapest, the duties of the Rabbis, charity organizations, Chevra Kadisha, schools etc. The Orthodox did not accept these regulations as they implied that a single official community would allow the reform Neologists to co-exist with the Orthodox. Hence, they appealed to Parliament to allow them to organize separate Orthodox communities. Furthermore, certain communities wished to retain their pre-Congress status and did not join any side - these were known as the "status quo communities". This threefold separation existed in Hungary until the dissolution of the community by the Second World War.